Argyle Salem Sump Dual Lumen Stomach Tube
Kendall Argyle Salem Sump Tube is a suction, decompression, irrigation tube for feeding and medication delivery to the stomach. Made with a dual lumen design for effective suctioning and vacuum pressure equalizing, this tube is specialized to prevent damage to the stomach wall during suction and is x-ray opaque for accurate placement within the patient.
This dual lumen tube features a funnel connector with removable 5-in-1 adapter for quick and easy attachment to suction tubing, and an integral irrigation funnel for irrigation through the sump vent lumen for simple tube maintenance. Also, the funnel end of the vent lumen can be used to cap the 5-in-1 adapter to close the system while the patient isn’t using the tube, or is being transported.
Salem Sump Tube Features:
- Ideal for suction, decompression, irrigation and medication delivery (not for use in delivering enteral feeding)
- Use up to 1-3 days with proper care and maintenance
- Dual lumen tube made for continuous and intermittent gastric suctioning
- Prevents stomach tissue damage when suction is applied
- Radiopaque Sentinel Line with Sentinel Eye tubing
- Integral funnel connector with removable 5-in-1 adapter
- Integral irrigation funnel for irrigation through sump vent lumen
- Funnel end of vent lumen can be used to cap 5-in-1 adapter
- 48" Length
- Sold by: Each
How does the dual lumen enhance this tube?
When suctioning a patient’s stomach contents, minimize the risk of damaging the stomach tissue by making sure that your tube is not going to adhere to it as it suctions. The Sump tube features two lumens. The large lumen is for suction, decompression, irrigation and medication delivery, while the smaller vent lumen makes sure the vacuum pressure is equalized in the stomach so that the suction eyelets do not adhere to and damage the stomach lining, which ensures a safer, more patient-friendly procedure.