ProPlus Digital In-Bed / Stretcher Lifting Scale
The ProPlus Digital In-Bed / Stretcher Scale is a convenient means of obtaining accurate and reliable weight measurements, which is easy and comfortable for both healthcare providers and their patients. This scale utilizes innovative motion-sensing weighing technology to determine the actual weight of moving patients, although it also has settings to measure live weight. To enhance portability and ease of use, this scale also features a folding stretcher and display assembly stand, enabling the display head to swivel up to 180 degrees for enhanced visibility from either side of the scale. Furthermore, this scale also helps users avoid potential errors from incorrectly reading and/or recording data by using the USB connectivity features to transmit height, weight and BMI readings directly from the scale to a computer, monitor, printer, or other electronic devices.
ProPlus Digital In-Bed / Stretcher Scale Features:
- ♦Measures the actual weight of moving patients and live weight
- ♦Functions: LB / KG Conversion, LB / KG lock out, Calculates Body Mass Index (BMI), Zero Out / Tare, Hold / Release, Reweigh, Auto Zero, Auto Off
- ♦Ability to interface with electronic devices
- ♦Durable steel construction
- ♦Large, folding stretcher
Digital In-Bed / Stretcher Scale Specifications:
- ♦Capacity: 400 lbs. / 181 kg
- ♦Resolution: 0.2 lbs. / 0.1 kg
- ♦Display: ¾ " digital LCD
- ♦Stretcher Size: 70 3/8” (w) x 30 3/8” (d)
- ♦Wheels: (4) Wheels for ease of movement, (2) locking for safety
- ♦Power Source: 120V adapter included, 6 D-cell batteries (not included)
- ♦Digital load cells / no recalibration needed
- ♦Connectivity: via USB and Serial Ports
- ♦Warranty: 3 year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- ♦Total weight: 142 lbs.
- ♦Sold by: the each
Instructions for Use:
This scale is designed to connect to electronic devices (via a built in USB port) for the direct transfer of height, weight, and BMI information. For more information on connecting this scale to electronic devices, please contact Health o meter Professional Scales Technical Support, which is available during normal business hours by calling (+1) 800-638-3722 or (+1) 708-377-0600.
Please follow all of the assembly instructions located within the product manual. It is highly recommended that 2 people work together on the assembly of this unit. The tools required for the assembly of this scale include: Phillips head screwdriver, adjustable wrenches, and a 7/16” allen wrench.
Getting the patient on the stretcher:
- ♦Safety note: Don’t move the scale while the patient is on the stretcher and don’t leave the patient unattended while on the scale.
Start by laying the stretcher on a flat and stable surface (such as a bed) that can be used to transfer the patient onto the stretcher. Then follow the steps listed below:
- Position the patient on the stretcher so their center mass is in the center of the stretcher
- Wheel lifter scale to the stretcher and lower the boom hoops to be positioned about 5-10 inches (12-25 cm) from the patient’s body
- Connect the loops on the stretcher to the hooks at the end of each set of loops, making sure the loops and hooks are properly lined up
- Turn the hydraulic control valve knob clockwise (located near the pump handle) to tighten it
- Use the base adjustment lever to spread out the lifter base and optimize the stability of the scale
- Use the hydraulic pump to slowly lift the stretcher with the patient until the stretcher is hanging from the loops and isn’t touching anything **Leave the wheels on the lifter base unlocked so the base can move and adjust itself for better balance
Weighing the patient:
- Press the ON/OFF button to turn the scale on
- The scale will automatically determine the patient’s weight display the information on its screen
- It is highly recommended that a second weight reading be taken to help ensure accuracy and reliability; simply press the REWEIGH button
- Press the HOLD/RELEASE button to keep readings displayed on screen. Press a second time to release the readings
- After recording the readings, slowly turn the hydraulic pump control valve knob counterclockwise to lower the patient back down to the stable surface while guiding the patient down safely
- Release the hanging hoops from the stretcher hoops
- Turn the scale off by pressing the ON/OFF button
Manufacturer: Health o meter Professional
Product number: 4020
Choose accuracy, reliability, and ease of use with this in-bed/stretcher scale, which makes the process of obtaining weight measurements easier and more comfortable on both the patients and healthcare professionals. Order yours today by using our conveniently easy to use website or by calling us at 1-888-687-4334 and speaking with one of our experienced Medical Supply Specialists and placing an order by phone.